Monday, September 26, 2011

My sister's wedding...



My sister, Kathy got married on Saturday, Sept 24th. I hadn't seen any family since 2005, and none of my nieces and nephews since 2004. So hubby, my good friend and sister, Tracie and I made the long trek across the U.S.A. (God that drive was exhausting LOL) to attend this festive event. They didn't know my husband was coming. He at first said no, because he thought he couldn't get the time from work. Then to his surprise, his boss approved him for it at the last minute. He didn't want anyone to know he was coming too, so my family thought it would just be me and Tracie. At first, the moment I turned on her street, hubby was supposed to get in the back seat and cover up with a blanket I had there. I originally was going to knock on the door and say "hey, I picked up something rather heavy for you along the way, can you guys help me get it out of the car?" But it got real late by the time we pulled into Danville. So he decided to just let his presence be known when we got there. I did suggest telling my sister "hey Kathy, some old dude at one of the stops looked like he was following us and I think he's outside!!!" and have Jim stick his face in her window and say "boo!" or something. LMAO! As it turned out, we didn't need to do any of that. Jim sat in the passenger side, we pulled up and the door to the house opened. Jefferson was the first one out and over to me, greeting me as it was our first meeting. Then Kathy came out and hugged me, went over to hug Tracie and noticed Jim. The air was filled with "OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD YOU'RE HERE!!!!" and Jefferson said the look on her face was priceless. LOL.

The picture above is by Linda Pettice Howie. She and her husband did all the pictures for the wedding. The ones posted on my facebook are ones taken by the family. I did see a presentation of the ones taken by Linda at the reception and I thought they came out great!

My parents are deceased, so to represent them and make them a part of the wedding, my sister had her two younger sons carry their pictures down the aisle with the procession. They carried them to the altar and placed them with the candles. The minister said a few words about them. At the reception, a table was set up for just my parents. Their pictures were placed on the table. My other sister, Chrissy, also brought one of my brother and sat it up on the table as well. They'd of loved to have been there. I thought it was touching and it did bring tears to everyone's eyes. Her oldest son, Steven, gave her away.

I had alot of fun at the reception and the whole time out there. She looked beautiful, and the ceremony was beautiful. The reception was great too. I danced with my nephew Steven, with my niece's boyfriend, Brian and of course my husband. I also danced with Tracie LOL!

So I have a new brother in law. I like him. Congratulations Kathy & Jefferson!

No comments:

Post a Comment