Saturday, September 17, 2011

Getting ready for a trip

I am getting ready for a trip to Illinois. My sister is getting married next Saturday, so Thursday I start the road trip out. This will be the first time in 6 years that I've been out there. In the summer of 2004, my mom and I went out. I'll never forget that drive LOL. We were somewhere in Ohio, it was 2am and I realized I was in the wrong spot. The exit I wanted was across one of those island thingys. The convo between us went like this:


Me: "Shit! we're supposed to be over there!"
Mom: "really?"
Me: "yes really.."...
Mom: "PULL OVER AND CALL 911!!!!"
Me: "Mom, you don't call 911 when you've gone the wrong way.."
Mom: "Then what do you do?"
Me: "This..." I say as suddenly a break in those island thingys comes up, I swerve through it to the other side, mom's eyes popping out of her head..

Mom: "DAWN MARIE!! you just went where you weren't supposed to go!!!"
Me: "But we're where we are supposed to be now mom..there's only one thing left to do.."
Mom: "What??"
Me: "Check the rear-view mirror and make sure no cops are chasing us now.."
Mom: "DAWN!!!!!!!!"
Me: "Don't worry mom, no cops!"

She talked about this trip until the day she passed on. Told everyone I made my own path. Well, that's what we all do in life!

1 comment: